Central Heating Not Working Hot Water is OK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Firstly I'd like to state that my DIY knowledge is not the best. I'd appreciate layman's terms where possible :oops:

Our Central Heating appears to have deteriorated over the past week to the point where no radiators work at all. The hot water is still fine.

I've tried bleeding every radiator, no air in any of them. I increased the pressure from 0.8 to 1.3 on the combi boiler, this caused the top of one radiator to warm up very slightly then go cold again! Pressure has remained constant. The temperature gauge on the boiler is reading 0 degrees. I've tried turning all the radiators off (One side of one is nearly impossible due to a dodgy bath fitting), then tried individual radiators. Didn't work. Oh, I've also opened up something called a stopcock :confused:

Finally I turned the boiler off opened it up and had a look at the pump. Realising I didn't have a clue what I was even looking for I closed it back up.

Any ideas what I can try next would be most appreciated!?

Thanks in advance,

Ross

Sponsored Links
Didn't think we had a thermostat! (Only just moved in)

Just had a good hunt and found one in a cupboard next to the washing machine. Problem solved :D :oops: :LOL:

Well at least the Central Heating system has had an MOT.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back