Central heating not working - Wochester Bosch 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I just finished installing my own D.I.Y central heating radiator system and it does not work! Had a Wochester Bosch 24i GreenStar Junior installed 10 months ago after the old boiler packed up 2 days after moving in to the property. The Gorgi Engineer that installed the boiler put a loop on the heating system as there were no radiators in the property and it was using storage heaters at the time which have since been removed. I installed my own rads and pipe work in a feed and return system with an automatic bypass between the feed and return currently set to maximum (7bar). All is hooked up to the boiler and filled they system up with the built in filling loop filled the system up to 2 bar maximum it would go up to. Turned the boiler back on and turned the central heating on an nothing happens hot water works fine! Any ideas what I may have done wrong?
PS: I did get the heating to work when I pushed down the button on the boiler with a spanner on it seems to put it is a maintenance Service mode not sure but it works and all rads heat up etc but after about 10 minutes it goes out of service/maintenance mode and heating stops working! I have read the manual and cannot see anything specific that may be wrong!

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated….
Cheers
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The boiler installer may have removed the link for the themostat to prevent you accidentally turning on the central heating... I would have done

The boiler installer may have removed the link for the themostat to prevent you accidentally turning on the central heating... I would have done

The central heating dose work but only when you push the button with the spanner on it too put it in service mode! and if you adjust the temperature control it works fine but like I said only when in Service mode... Does not make sense to me.... :rolleyes:

have you checked that the thermostat loop has not been removed by the installer as suggested?

Tony

have you checked that the thermostat loop has not been removed by the installer as suggested?

Tony
I am looking but not sure where it would be located! Any ideas were it would be located on the Wochester Bosch 24i Junior Greenstar?

The loop refered to is an electrical link which is fitted where the room thermostat would connect to the boiler. Look at the Electrics page of the Greenstar boiler manual. The link is on terminal block ST10.

I would recommend you fit a programmable thermostat to the system.

If the link is there, then you will see a short piece of wire, usually red in colour which comes from one terminal and connects to the one next to it.. If it is not there, then this may well be your problem... As suggested you could fit a programmable stat to these terminals.. I cant remember which terminals the link connects either but if it is there, then you will see it on the board where the power connections are..

Hi Guys, thanx for all the help and pointers. I have looked on the circuit board side and see there is no loop between Lr and Ls on connection block ST10, the installed must have removed it as mentioned by "Corgigrouch". When I get home this evening I will bridge the two and hopefully the heating will start working. I see this is mentioned on page 29 of the Installation and Service instruction Manual downloadable from the Wochester Bosch webiste. I will report back if it worked or not.
Cheers

All workig after adding a loop between Lr and Ls on connection block ST10. :D

Thank you once again for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back