Central heating pipes passing 2 to 3 inch below electric

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok for central heating pipes clipped to the side of the joists 2 to 3 inch below electrical cables?

Sponsored Links
There will be dissipation of heat from the CH pipes, I doubt that it will really cause any problems to be over concerned with, providing they are not touching. If you really wanted, you could lag the pipes to prevent heat loss from them.

Sponsored Links
What's the odds that the plumber followed the electrician in?
But electrician should be ashamed of themselves, don't look like 3 times hole between holes!

But not like this…

Yes, that is interesting insulation..... I'm guessing (always a bad idea with a plumber, I know) that the purpose of that small wrap of material around the pipes is not to be insulation but to provide a cushion so that as the pipes expand when they get hot they don't make those annoying squeaks and bangs as they move over the rough wooden surface.... something my father always did with small offcuts of carpet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back