Central heating questions

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

I have a conventional heating system with cold water tank in loft, hot water cylinder in airing cupboard and open fire back boiler.

I hope to replace the oil boiler at some point as it’s on the old side but could i replace this with a combi boiler even with the back boiler?

I could also think about gas but i have no main gas in the area so would have to be cylinder in the garden above or below ground.

I have also notice over the last couple of weeks the open fire heats the hot water cylinder very slowly but the oil boiler heats cylinder as normal, could system be clogged up some way?

all ideas, opinions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have a conventional heating system with cold water tank in loft, hot water cylinder in airing cupboard and open fire back boiler.

I hope to replace the oil boiler at some point as it’s on the old side but could i replace this with a combi boiler even with the back boiler?

I could also think about gas but i have no main gas in the area so would have to be cylinder in the garden above or below ground.

I have also notice over the last couple of weeks the open fire heats the hot water cylinder very slowly but the oil boiler heats cylinder as normal, could system be clogged up some way?

all ideas, opinions would be appreciated.
I am no expert,I only fit mains gas boilers.Anything is possible I suppose,but combi/coal back boiler would be unusual.Every back boiler I have removed,the pipework water resembled treacle.No amount of flushing would ever clean it enough to fit a combi on.For sure,everyone will tell you different on here,and its your money,people will tell and promise you alsorts.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies.

durhamplimber any idea why my hot water cylinder has stopped heating when the fire is lit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back