Central Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a floor standing boiler (fairly old, Mexico?). Heating system was working OK last winter, but doesn't seem to run now. The boiler fires up usisng teh programmer, and the pump seems to be working (how can you actually tell?, it's making a humming noise). I have an immersion heater for the hot water, so I can't tell anything form that as it's working fine. The room thermostat and boiler thermostat and all radiator TRV's are turned up, but still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
turn the system off and remove the centre screw on the pump and bleed it then retry the system

Sponsored Links
This might be a stupid question, but how do you bleed the pump?, or are you talking about the whole sytem?

Thanks.

just remove the centre screw on the pump.
this will allow any air in pump to be freed.
then replace screw and try system, you can also try on speed setting 3

Thanks, I'll give this a go when I get home. Is there any other things worth trying if that doesn't work? Could it be a case of bleeding all the radiators?, there's currently no heat in any of them when the boiler fires up.

Seco . this is looking like another thread along the lines of the fuse. I will check back later when it gets to page 4 :LOL: :LOL:

could be a long one if
I'll give this a go when I get home
is op saying he doesnt have internet at home.

I'm on holiday from Saturday but I'll check if you sorted him when I get back. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back