Central heating - what is a "one pipe system"?

funny that my school teachers used to say the same can you remember that far back dia? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
bripl said:
funny that my school teachers used to say the same can you remember that far back dia? :LOL:

:LOL: Have a job to remember last week now, 1943 no chance :confused:

i am not the only one struggling to remember then :confused:

Sponsored Links
So...to return to the topic of a one pipe system...

What happens if/when I want to remove and replace a particular radiator? It might be off the wall for a few days to allow for decorating and such. Will this effectively cut off all of the other radiators after it in the "chain"?

Furthermore...won't it bugger the combi by effectively blocking the system and preventing flow? I can always turn the combi off until the new radiator is in place, but no hot water or heating for a few days will not be a fun idea.

If its a 'conventional' one pipe then you could take off all the rads if you wanted and the circuit wouldnt be broken. Can you get a look at the pipework below? Imagine a loop with a each rad being a horseshoe attached to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back