Central heating - what is a "one pipe system"?

Have it your way m8.

I'm talking circulation pipework with say 5 gallons instead of 10 gallons, fill two buckets and see which boiles first.

Sponsored Links
i hear what you are saying but half the water content is cobblers
and lets be fair the efficency aint good regardless
deefa :LOL: i assume you knew that

Yes m8 I knew that :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll have a thousand pound bet with you, winner donates to charity.

You fit 10 rads in a house, and I'll fit 10 rads in an identical house, my 10 rads will reach 70C before yours and use less gas, must be identical boilers and not condensing.

we aint going to have the choice
however i hear what you are saying
still cant go with it tho
and i wont take the bet cos you would beat me out of badness
old git :LOL:

Sponsored Links
i have seen a 1 pipe system working in a 3 bed house fed by a baxi 105e but it was a very simple single pipe job meaning pipe goes in rad 1 end and out the other all rads fed the same so no trv where fitted and no knobs to turn water flow off as if u did u throttle the system all working though ? and the return flow was actually very hot (didnt measure it )

would a 1 pipe system work if the single feed pipe had a tail off feeding the rad and a tail from rad back to feed pipe

Thats how a one pipe system works, tee off to the flow, and tee off for the return.

Or did you mean cut an extra rad in the circuit :?:

doitall you will only confuse them,what about one pipe drop sys or one pipe drop or two pipe with reversed return etc etc :rolleyes:

three bed terraced?2up 2down?kev doitall is right about the one pipe you would have lost sorry mate:cool:

:eek: the old boy should retire and let some young person in on a few of his tricks/secrets who said knowledge is power? good luck :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back