One pipe central heating system

Having a rethink, is yours plumbed through the rad, as on pipe in and one out. Or is it as per Stems pic where it’s linked together below the rad

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I don't know. I am a humble 78 years old disabled pensioner.

I know nothing about it.

The radiators look just ordinary to me.

All I want to do is get some heating when the radiators go lukewarm.

JamesEB

[Looks like I replied to the wrong thread:whistle:

Last edited:
I can only say again that I don't know and I can't understand any of it.

I can just about turn the radiators on, that is all.

JameEB

(I haven't given any pictures you mention)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Can someone tell me what to do please when I turn the central heating on and find there is very little heat and the radiators are barely warm.

Thanks.
James EB

Then it may be full of sludge, badly installed, etc., difficult to diagnose over a forum. I think you need to engage someone competent to physically come out and inspect it.

I have a one pipe system in my home (large 1960's 3 bed detached, 9 radiators, plus 2 two towel warmers) and had planned to replace it with two pipe after I moved in, I only had time to convert the first 3 radiators to 2 pipe before the first winter came but not the others. However, it worked so well that after the first winter I left the rest on the one pipe and they are still there now, 21 years later. The only difference I notice is that the radiators on the one pipe section take a bit longer to heat up from cold, but they do get hot, maybe not quite as hot as the two pipe rads, but pretty close.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back