magnaclean on one pipe system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have a one pipe central heating system, with one pipe leaving the boiler and one pipe returning.

Firstly is this a normal one pipe setup? also I want to know if I can fit a magnaclean to the return pipe?

I also want to hire a powerflush machine but would like some advice on this? If you could please explain the method of using one

btw its an unvented sealed system

Thank you very much for your time

Sponsored Links
all you will end up with is one very clean pipe if you powerflush it!! magna clean will work tho, you could powerflush it all day and all that will happen is you will send the water straight from the flushing machine and straight right back to it

all you will end up with is one very clean pipe if you powerflush it!! magna clean will work tho, you could powerflush it all day and all that will happen is you will send the water straight from the flushing machine and straight right back to it

Another Myth. :rolleyes:

Whilst I agree a powerflush works better on a two pipe, it also works on a one pipe, a hot flush is better.

Even better is to take the rads down the garden and show them a hose pipe.

What makes you think you have a one pipe system, are both ends of the radiator connected too the same pipe

Sponsored Links
myth?
It does not work very well round a one pipe system which you have kind of agreed and i think it's Kamco who advise against it. But you are right in that you can do it so maybe i should take that back doooo! Totally agree with you about the hot flush etc

I have a one pipe central heating system, with one pipe leaving the boiler and one pipe returning.

That is not the definition of a 1 pipe system. The flow and return pipework from the boiler will apply to 1 pipe, 2 pipe and 2 pipe reverse return layouts. Pull up the floor and see if 1 pipe connects to both ends of the rad...if it does then yes it is a genuine 1 pipe system.

Thanks for the replies, yep its bcos both ends of the rads are on one pipe, so. Think I'll leave the flush n jst magnaclean,dnt rely wana take every rads off there's about 20 lol

The one bid problem with one pipe systems is sludge will gather in the bottom center of the radiators, you would be silly not to take them outside and flush them with a hose pipe, tap the radiators with a rubber hammer at the same time and you will be surprised how much comes out, at least try one medium side radiator.

On a lot of 1 pipe systems they put a isolation valve in the bit of pipe between the valves so you can shut then off a bit + you should have swept tees to the rads ... granted it aint ideal but it does work to a degree ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back