Adding MagnaClean To Flow - Two Pipes On Return

Thank you all- Really grateful for all your help

I think I understand the feedback - Attached is the final layout of where the magnaclean will be fitted - It will only catch the radiator return which I suppose is better then nothing - I stopped thinking to put it on flow based on your feedback

IMG_7075 copy.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi again - Before I add the filter I just wanted to see if anyone could comment on whether the location of the filter i have identified is correct?

As was suggested .... Majority of any corrosion will be from the radiator circuit, so without actually changing the pipework to bring the rad return in higher up from the pump and then allow the vertical return before the pump to be extended to fit the filter, then your location should be fine

Also ... put cleaner in, run for a week or 2, drain/flush/drain/flush till it runs clear then fill & inhibitor then warm/circulate the CH system once a day ... check and clear mag filter after a week, keep doing that until it stops catching any major amounts of crap.

Would it be useful if the magnetic filter also had a particulate filter?, if so, you may be able to suggest a filter that incorporates this.

Sponsored Links
Would it be useful if the magnetic filter also had a particulate filter?, if so, you may be able to suggest a filter that incorporates this.
Just saw that magna clean have a new 2 in 1 product that includes a wire strainer for debris. It just seems so obvious why particle filters weren’t included in these types of products to begin with.

Hi again - Before I add the filter I just wanted to see if anyone could comment on whether the location of the filter i have identified is correct?
If you can’t change the pipes around then yes. But you can also add another filter onto the boiler return as a third option.

Most filter these days incorporate a particulate filter as part of the design, usually in the form of a central basket type arrangement or the way the water circulates in the filter.

You said you already had a Magnaclean? I'm sure all of them capture particulates as well as ferrous material.

Nah. The original magna clean pro1 only had a plastic sheathing, no filter and the pro 2 has a filter but it captures nothing particularly well. Drained out a system with underfloor over a white bucket and sand deposited at the bottom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back