Central heating wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ages ago i was on here wiring up my boiler. well i just got fed up with it and left it. i had the hot water working but no heating, now its getting close to winter i think it time i fixed the heating. the only thing is i don't know whats wrong with it.

i have a Y plan system with:

honeywell v4073a1039 22mm mid position valve
honeywell st6100c time contoller
drayton hts3 cylinder temp
drayton rts1 room temp and
grundfos cu610 pump
(boiler is unknown but it works so :) lol)

i've followed all the wiring on:

http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/Catalogue/Sundial Plans/3.4 Y Plan.pdf (sorry its a pdf)

i don't know how to wire the time controller up correctly. because im supposed to have a hot water on hot water off and heating on. yet on the timer i only have an on and a off output. im beginning to think that i may have bought the wrong timer, thou it is an optional on the above link. im not a novice to electrics and pretty much anything else i can wire up. its just this that i cant seam to do right. many thanks for any advise in advance :)

Sponsored Links
meaning i have the wrong thing bah, could u tell me a model number of one that i need? pitty i left it so long or i could take the damn thing back. tis what the shop advised me to get :/ least i know why its not working :D lol

Sponsored Links
i did wonder why it was on the optional components list lol, so i dont need a new one? just need to work out how to wire the damn thing then

breezer said:
Memster said:
just need to work out how to wire the damn thing then

you could follow the wiring diagram kev plumb posted

i could :p but id already posted that same diagram up a bit, and as i said in my first post i only have one set of on and off outputs.

so you did :oops: its just that kev plum did the link in short version, and i never looked at your link.

you could go to a diy shed this morning and get a 2 channel one

lol i posted it too early to be bothered with making things look neat and fancy :p still gonna cost me around £50 odd quid for anothjer one when i have one that is on honeywells optional list there has to be a way of wiring the damn thing to work otherwise why would honeywell put it on their list? :eek:

i have no idea why honeywell put it on any list. I just found this for you ist £14 less than your £50 but i would still go and look in a shed today to see how much they are there, or go to plumbers merchant tomorrow

what are these sheds ur on about:p? cos it defo isnt the one at the bottom of my garden :p and where would i find out where they are. (assuming it a computer fair type thing)

Memster said:
what are these sheds ur on about:p? cos it defo isnt the one at the bottom of my garden :p

:LOL: :LOL: (very good that)

"shed" = b & Q, homebase, Texas (remember them) etc

have you not read any posts by ban-all-sheds (he really hates them)

kevplumb said:
dosen't make sense a single channel switch won't do the job :confused: :confused:

try e mailing honeywell tech support :idea: :idea:

maybe im just doing something wrong lol

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

breezer said:
Memster said:
what are these sheds ur on about:p? cos it defo isnt the one at the bottom of my garden :p

:LOL: :LOL: (very good that)

"shed" = b & Q, homebase, Texas (remember them) etc

have you not read any posts by ban-all-sheds (he really hates them)

ahh them damn places lol think ill take a trip up B&Q

lol no i havnt well not noticed any of his posts if i have :D

please note 10a which is here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back