emersion heater controller extra info !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I wonder if anyone has a wiring diagram for a Newlec quartz economy 7 emersion heater contoller ?. I know its a long shot fingers crossed.

I know this should be an easy wiring job to do I have wired it up ok( im getting hot water ) but I need to know if a link is needed from the boost contact to the timer contact.
Bit of a cock-up on my part I replaced the emersion heater about a year ago in a rush and have never got round to wiring the timer up !!!!!.

Thanks in advance

Hi again just found out this controller is also in screwfix and called a Hortsmann economy 7 contoller im just hoping someone has brought this model and can post up the wiring diagram thanks

Sponsored Links
It depends on whether you have separate top and bottom heaters and / or feed circuits, or a single element.

Have you checked that the all Earth Bonding in the Immersion Cupboard is up to current standards? - see the IEE On-site Guide and /or BS7671:2001 Regulation 607-01-01 for reference.

There should be a 13amp fuse-connection unit to BS1363 part 4 in the feed to the immersion heater - see the IEE on site guide.

I have linked the boost and timer conections across so the boost is workin wish the timer was !! think im going to get a new unit and start afresh.Just for the record its a single heater not a twin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back