Honeywell ST699 for Wiser 2 Channel progammer wiring advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all just looking for some wiring info on Drayton Wiser 2 Channel programmer and Im moving from Honeywell ST699 so sadly not a usable backplate. I wired up the Wiser (I hoped) using the wiring as shown in wire diagram. System switched on fine. When I held the Heating button for 3 seconds the boiler kicked into action but not the pump so no water moved around system. Testing the Hot Water Button on the Progammer the boiler did not even kick in. Had hoped to be able to wire this up myself this weekend as my electrician is not available for a couple of weeks sadly so any advice is wiring up the Wiser would be appreciated. I attach photo of original Honeywell ST699 wiring for your advice. I had worked on main live feed from Honeywell into L on Wiser, 2 Neutral from Honeywell to the N on wiser. The Hot Water NO cable from Honeywell to Junction 1 on Wiser, the Central Heating NO wire on Honeywell to Junction 2 on wiser. There is not a Central Heating NC wire in Honeywell backplate. There is a common live from L to 5 and 8 in Honeywell which look obsolete on Wiser(?) Is this correct however there is another live cable direct from wall which is also wired into 8 so there are two wires in junction 8 on original Honeywell backplate. So when wiring up Wiser I am left with this surplus wall feed L to 8 and also the Hot water NO cable as the Wiser appears to require only the HW NC? Also we have a Honeywell Thermostat in Hallway but not sure is any of these wires are shown in ST699 original wiring? Any advice would be really be appreciated Thanks. 20181125_094602.jpg View attachment 152995 20181125_131621.jpg View attachment 152995 20181125_094602.jpg 20181125_094602.jpg View attachment 152995 20181125_131621.jpg

Sponsored Links
1. try turning both HW and CH on and see what happens

2. It's no good having spare wires left over. If there were 2 wires into a terminal before, these 2 wire should stay together in the new terminal

As you say L 5 8 were previously connected together. This is taken care of inside the new unit.

If there were 2 wires to L before these need keeping together

Terminal number conversion
ST699..............Drayton
L................L (BOTH WIRES!)
N................N (BOTH WIRES!)
4................2 (RARELY USED)

Sponsored Links
Ah this is great Andy. Thank you for all your help. Ill go back to the Wiser backplate and check to see if this solves the problem. Appreciated.

Sadly didnt work. Got a heating engineer calling round this evening to sort the issue..thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back