Central Heating Woes! Fernox and some good advice needed!

Sponsored Links
Kev.
Not had a half decent rant since dangermouth was thrown off so getting withdrawl symptons.
;)

The concept of doing occasional jobs for nothing or very little is lost on the likes of Mr Glazier and look at £££ signs for each and every individual job.

Example.
saturday morning with hangover thumping, customer i installed heating for 18 months ago phones and says leak at rad , caused by decorator .

15 minutes later its fixed his hand is in his wallet . Told him not to dare attempting to pay me . Why because i have had about 15k of work on his recommendation and doing another system next week .

Agile on the other hand would have took his £84 quid , and would his customer have been as happy as mine.

I on the other hand will be clearing around 1400 quid for nearly a 4 day week. Who is the mug ??

Namsag. Are you a satanic gasman? I'm not getting into what I do for a living. I am too embarrassed and you probably already know. I'm keeping stumm. I'd be laughed off the forum.

I think I have been on this forum before. Are you saying that there is a rogerwiddowson registered? I'll have to search the forums for my other postings.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. I switched the boiler off last night. Hopefully, it won't be condemned.

Should the seals be replaced as a matter of course when the cover is removed - having regard for the amount of time they have been compressed?

Sponsored Links
Still alive!

I bought a CO detector before turning boiler back on.

So far, it hasn't even measured 1ppm so I am miffed to have spent £25 but I suppose it's cheaper than a coffin!!!

The other downside is the Potterton EP2001 which used to control the boiler has now shorted because of the amount of water that was running over the electrics which I later found out were still LIVE! I thought the fused spur switch turned them off. Just shows to go you that you should NEVER assume. Luckily I didn't get a blast off that.

Having a CO detector now has given me a renewed confidence, probably dangerously, that I am OK to give the boiler a pre-spring clean.

Any tips would be appreciated excluding LEAVE WELL ALONE!

To cut a long story short - I've got very little money at the moment and I value my life.

What? Still no quotes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back