Central heating working upstairs, but not downstairs...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. For the past couple of nights the heating in my house has been working fine upstairs (all the upstairs radiators heat up properly) but nothing is happening downstairs (none of those radiators heat up at all - stone cold!).

As far as I know the heating is all controlled by the thermostat which is in the downstairs living room.

Any idea of what may be the problem?

Sponsored Links
Pump stuck or knackered and gravity circulation is heating upstairs rads.

I assume thats the only pump is the one in the boilerhouse? Its located outside and level with the ground floor. Seems strange if its gone it can heat upstairs only, not the other way around:S

try turning all the valves off on the rad's upstairs to see ifyou get any heat downstairs, probably as gas4you say's the pump is on its last legs and because heat rises thats why your rad's upsatirs get hot even though the pump is in your outhouse ;)

HTH sam

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys :D

Bought a new pump and fitted it today, heating is betting than ever now.

Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back