Central Heating Zone Valve Clicking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have researched this all over the web and there seems to be varied answers on the problem, so I'm posting here hoping someone has had the same issues.

Basically I have a central heating system with a zone valve that I can set hot water, Heating or both on. Recently the zone valve in the airing cupboard by the tank has started clicking. When the hot water only is on the valve clicks and the heating also comes on (assume due to the clicking)

I have changed the synchronous motor inside the head, but its still the same. Someone suggested that it could be a diode or microswitch in the head is faulty.

Is there anything I can do to prove before I purchase a new power head. I don't want to buy one then find its the programme for instance

Any help appreciated

Dave

Sponsored Links
Fit a new V4073 Powerhead it will be far less agro than getting down to component level to save tuppence!! ;)

Sponsored Links
That should do it... as long as your blue one has a detachable head.

These things a pants, the springs are located on plastic stantions and these can break. Not too familiar with the insides of the mid-position variety - I tend to play with the diverter valve version.

Same basic valve though.

If you are draining down to change the whole valve, then buy Honeywell. the wiring is the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back