central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anybody help i have a woscester bosch combi boiler and the water pressure keeps dropping, it usually takes a few days before the radiators wont heat up. i have recently redocorated and removed the radiators , refitted and bled them and i cant find any leaks anywhere.
thanks dave

Sponsored Links
if you can not find leak on the rads by using tissue paper then check the blow off pipe(prv) on outside see if it is dripping

if you can not find leak on the rads by using tissue paper then check the blow off pipe(prv) on outside see if it is dripping

lol a blow off pipe! never heard it called that before haha

either you have a leak somewhere maybe rads pipework under the floor
your pressure releif valve is letting by or prv (blow off haha cor)
or your expansion vessel is flat and it needs pumping
or alternativly youve topped up the pressure to 1 bar bled a rad and maybe are a bit confused as to why the pressure has gone down so quick?

what should the pressure gauge be set to on a woscester bosch combi boiler
thanks

Sponsored Links
on most standard sealed systems or combi boilers you want to get the pressure between 1 and 1.5 bar as kev the plumber said do not make the mistake of topping it upto 2.5 or 3 bar as you have to allow room for expansion to take place which means if youve topped the pressure upto 1 bar when the heating is fully up to temperature the pressure will increase to maybe 1.5 bar this is normal, normal operation, accept it, its the law, laws of physics :D

having said that if you top the pressure up to 1 bar and it shoots over to 3bar almost immediately you proberly have a problem with your expansion vessel ill shut up now sorry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back