central locking Toyota RAV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Remote control for central locking suddenly stopped working, its a 2 button unit,lights up when you hold it down but no reaction. Have also tried spare also no reaction. put new batteries in both but still no luck.All doors still automatically open and lock by key in drivers door. HELP

Sponsored Links
Which year RAV4?
I have some info if you want send me your email address (address in my profile).

not enough replies in the 4 mins you waited since this thread?

we are not paid to be here 24 hours a day and have a response to you within minutes. just wait like everyone else does, or take it to a dealer.

and after a very quick look over the the car forums, i notice that you have posted this a number of times but didnt get a reply. ITS BECAUSE NO-ONE KNOWS. GET THE HINT.

try a forum thats only for cars, youll probably get the info you need

Sponsored Links
The info I have is for a year 2000+ model, hence it may not work. Are the keyfobs manufactured by Toyota or are they an aftermarket add-on?

Have you tried re-setting the system?. Put your key in the ing, start up the engine, then press your key forbe. Stop your engine, remove key. Get out of your car and try again outside. You might have to do this a couple of times. good luck.

Have sorted it.
If anybody else has same problem then this is the secret. :eek:
separate each fob (make sure car is unlocked first)
With the fob side with the battery on disconnected from the side with the buttons on, press the buttons one after the other lock - unlock - lock - unlock for about 10secs as fast as you can (this discharges the fob)

Rebuild each key fob

Stand at the drivers window and press and hold the lock button for 10 secs & then 1 single press of the unlock button and it should code :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back