Peugeot 206 central locking

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I unfortunately pressed the lock button on my key blipper before the driver's door had swung shut.

Now it will not lock or unlock centally, either on the blipper or if the driver's door lock is operated by button or key.

I have tried locking and unlocking all doors manually, opening and shutting them. the key blipper is communicating because the indicators flash (long flash) when blipped.

I can't open the hatchback.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
There's plenty of info on YouTube regarding this one, John......best to have a fresh battery in the plipper key though!
John :)

I have several key batteries... it looks like, disconnect the car battery for half a minute and operate the blipper, then reconnect the car battery.

My key does not have an LED. Don't know if that matters.

well that didn't work (disconnecting the battery)

is that what you had in mind?

it did reset the ECU, as the clock went back to 0, and I had to insert the key and start the engine before the car would respond to the blipper.

Although the locks do not operate, there is a distinct click from the dashboard, probably a relay, and the indicator lights flash in the correct patter.

My next step would be to check the locking fuse, but neither the fuse lids nor my Haynes have a map identifying which fuse.

Sponsored Links
Try: (sitting in the car)
Turn the ignition on
Press the plipper for 10 sec
Turn the ignition off, wait for 5 sec
See what happens.
There shouldn't be any need to disconnect the car battery.
John :)

Tried that, thanks. There was a "chime" and I heard something click in the dashboard, but no improvement.

I've had a search online, but the answers almost invariably assume that the key blipper is not communicating correctly with the car.

In my case, that is not the cause.

If I lock and unlock the drivers door by turning the key in the lock, the others doors and hatch don't lock or unlock.

If I push or pull the button on the drivers door the other doors and hatch don't lock or unlock.

If I press the blipper on my key, the lights flash correctly and I hear a relay in the dashboard click, but the doors don't lock or unlock. So it is not a remote blipper related fault.

My guess is that a fuse has blown, or a locked/unlocked contact in a door is out of synch. The problem occurred after I pressed the key blipper while the drivers door was still swinging shut. I have looked for a blown 30A fuse under the dash (and under the bonnet) without success (they fuse layout is not as shown in my Haynes and there is no identification chart on the lid) but I examined all the 30A fuses I could find in both boxes.

I have manually locked/unlocked, opened/closed all doors without success. I temporarily disconnected the car battery to reset the ECU

Last edited:
John -
Did you ever fix this?
Out pug has just started doing the same.

Checked all fuses = OK.
Checked ODB2 for faults = All clear
When locking with key or fob, a relay can be heard and the 'locking' sound of the boot(?) happens but doors don't lock (and boot wont unlock). Indicators flash.
I can't activate the central locking by manually lifting the lock on either of the front doors.

I tried re-programming the key, but don't think that's the issue as the issue occurs when using the key in the drivers door and the "blipper" makes the relay/ indicators go.

Have trie the soft BSI reset ant the re-sync suggested above (hold lock button for 10 secs with the ignition on). Nothing working yet.

Try a hard reset maybe? Disconnect the battery at both terminals and hold the positive and negative cables together for 20 seconds or so. This should completely drain all ecu's and memories. Usually does the trick on LandRovers.

John -
Did you ever fix this?

No

(and boot wont unlock).

I dismantled the plastic trim liner from the hatch from the inside, identified the motor, and tied a piece of string to the bar that is supposed to move left and right to lock/unlock

I pull the string to move it to the right (drivers side) to unlock from inside the car.

there is no keylock on the hatch, or manual button/lever

You can operate the motor if you wire it to a 6v or 12v supply and a momentary switch. You change polarity for lock/unlock, there are only two wires to the motor. I have tried this and it works but not fitted it.

After I have manually unlocked the boot, it re-locks with either the "lock" button on the blipper, or the key in the drivers door, or the button on the drivers door. So it is generating a "lock" signal, but only the hatch acts on it. Nothing centrally unlocks from blipper or button or key.

Sponsored Links
Back