centre heating gproblem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just had a new boiler fitted due to a burst . got the rads hot downstairs but upstairs, bathroom hot first bedroom lukewarm other two bedrooms cold. they have all been bled and balanced the pipe into the 1st b/room is hot both sides of the thermostat but not in the rad can any out help me :cry: been like this all over the Christmas have got a engineer on the job he is baffled. worked perfect before the burst :cry:e

Sponsored Links
Get whoever balanced the system back, the rads must have warmed up while they were balancing the system so they might be able to help with why they aren't now

thanks muggles
but the rads didn't heat up when balanced that's why he is baffled he now considering taking of the rad what do you think

Close off all rads that are working using the TRVs, open the one that isn't working fully at both ends and see if it works, if it does the system may just need rebalancing properly.

Sponsored Links
thanks again Muggles for your efforts but he done that closed all the rads downstairs and the boiler failed showing f22. he as been there three days he then got it going and again rebalanced them but still no joy. can we put in a booster any were in the system :confused:

What make/model of boiler is it? There's no need to fit a booster pump on the system if it worked before.

it is glow.worm flexicom 24hx. the pump also frozen up but it working but i am concerned if it is working properly.

If the pump isn't working properly that may well be the problem. Check it's bled properly, if you suspect that it's simply not pumping effectively or is ceasing up then get it replaced.

Also check the system is piped correctly, as per page 13 of the installation manual (diagram 5.2, I am assuming you have an open vented system).

hi pump as been bled it as not ceased working, you can hear it working so how do i know it is working effectively. Looked at diagram5.2 don't know but it is the same make and model boiler that was there before and the pipes as not been altered and it was working fine than.

it is the same make and model boiler that was there before

:eek: What went wrong with the old one then? Must have been pretty bad to write off the boiler, when was the last one installed?

went on holiday for two weeks set the heating to come on for 2hrs twice a day. when i got home on 22 dec the boiler had failed showing f22, i reset the boiler it fire up for a few seconds then failed and the boiler started leaking.
tried again same thing happened checked the pump and that pipe to the pump from boiler had popped out with the froze the eng say the boiler was bursed .
the boiler was installed march 2009

So the old boiler had exactly the same fault as the new one? Still inclined to think it's the pump.

Would be interested to know what burst on the old boiler, it's very unusual for them not to be economically repairable and parts are readily available, also they have a two year warranty which whilst it doesn't cover freezing may in some circumstances cover it once it's defrosted again ;) but hey that's all in the past now. Out of interest how much did the swap from old to new cost you?

Get the pump changed and see if that helps

hi Muggles i got nothing for the old boiler the plumber took it.do you think i should have got something for the old boiler.
no the old boiler worked fine had no problem with it until now i am still got no heat upstairs. downstairs is working fine, but when i turn down all the downstairs rads to try the push the heat up stairs the boiler fails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back