ceramic disc taps

Sponsored Links
Same side as the old tap, left. All the taps I've ever had turned off clockwise. Just had 5 sets of new ceramic disk taps fitted and they all turn off Hot clockwise, cold anti clockwise

???

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems obvious to me.

CD valves are either 1/4 or 1/2 turn, and most people find it easier to remember that the handles turn towards each other or away from each other.

It's relatively easy to arrange that the handles point in a particular direction when they're off. For example:

-O O-

Perhaps you're different - maybe you'd prefer them to be like this when they're off:

-O -O

If you're really that bothered, then swap the valve bodies around between the sets of taps so that you get what you want. :idea:

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems obvious to me.

CD valves are either 1/4 or 1/2 turn, and most people find it easier to remember that the handles turn towards each other or away from each other.

It's relatively easy to arrange that the handles point in a particular direction when they're off. For example:

-O O-

Perhaps you're different - maybe you'd prefer them to be like this when they're off:

-O -O

If you're really that bothered, then swap the valve bodies around between the sets of taps so that you get what you want. :idea:

Are you assuming they are lever taps? They are normal cross top units with a 1/4 turn action so your diagram makes little sense. It seems then its just laziness on the part of Bristan that they've used lever tap valves

How can I swap them around to make them all shut off clockwise. Wouldn't that just mean I'd get one set clock and one set anti?

zeroseven said:
Are you assuming they are lever taps?
No - that was just for the purposes of the crude illustration.

They are normal cross top units with a 1/4 turn action so your diagram makes little sense.
C'est la vie.

It seems then its just laziness on the part of Bristan that they've used lever tap valves
If you say so.

How can I swap them around to make them all shut off clockwise.
You could buy some more hot valve bodies. :idea:

Lot of 'whatever' on here......

WTF should I buy more valves to make brand new taps work without catching everyone not used to them being arse about face getting covered with water?

Bristan can send replacements valves for naff all or take the lot back

Whatever......

:D :D :LOL:

Relacement ceramic disc cartridges are handed for hot or cold
Some turn on anti-clock
Some turn on Clockwise
Each tap will have ONE of each.
Sounds like the same ones have been fitted to both hot and cold
Hope that helps

zeroseven said:
Bristan can send replacements valves for naff all or take the lot back
I'm sure that they are very scared.

Did you do and look at the taps before buying them?

Timmyturtle said:
Relacement ceramic disc cartridges are handed for hot or cold
Some turn on anti-clock
Some turn on Clockwise
Each tap will have ONE of each.
Sounds like the same ones have been fitted to both hot and cold
Hope that helps

Thanks for that Timmyturtle

Why would I try them? I'll also try door handles to ensure you push down not pull up shall I? No.

Cheerio

zeroseven said:
Why would I try them?
Absolutely no reason, given that you're one-man mission to change the ceramic disc tap universe is so well on track.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back