Ceramic floor tiles on top of disliked amtico vinyl?

I would try a heat gun (paint stripping gun) and a palette knife, usually a pretty quick way to take up vinyl tiles.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for everyone's advice. I opted to lay the ceramic tiles and it looks great, but, and there's always a but, I didn't quite manage the transition between the charcoal grout on the floor tiles and the white grout on the wall tiles very well and there's a certain amount of colour bleed from the charcoal where the floor meets the wall. What should I have done to prevent this? Can I use bleach (on a toothbrush?) to try to remedy it? what else can I do? we're only talking about half and inch ish on some of the wall tiles

You can scrape off what you don't want with a wood chisel. Once that's done you can run a neat bead of silicone alone the joint.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back