Ceramic Floor Tiling onto Karndene??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Karndene securely laid onto a suspended Block floor.
It is in good condition with no signs of lifting at any place.
I want to lay ceramic tiles onto this floor and wondered if anyone has experience of successfully laying ceramic tiles onto Karndene/Amtico.
My initial thoughts are that there would be no problems with it and would make any subsequent lifting of the tiles comparatively easy in say 10 years time when I get sick of the sight of the tiles.
If the ceramic tiles fail to stick to the Karndene then clearly my thoughts are not to be recommended.
If I have to lift the Karndene has any one any good tips to make the removal easy such as say heating the Karndene prior to trying to lift them.
I favour laying the tiles on to the Karndene but would value some experienced advice.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/ceramic-tiling-onto-karndene.480913/#ixzz4ec7RKG74

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back