ceramic hob wiring query- links in block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to work out if the existing (8 years old) hob wiring is OK to use for the new hob.

The manual says to make sure the links are correctly fitted- I only have the usual 3 cables inc earth coming from the cooker isolator switch.
Reading other posts it seems I may need another box in the system -no doubt new regs daily-
Also how do I connect together the 1/2/3 in the terminal block as stated in the manual diagram- do I need small copper link elements in between each pair or do I just connect to the Live, neutral and earth then tighten the 2 and 3 screws. I know I sound uninformed- I am!
I will get an electrician to check everything, I just want to get the various items in place ready for one expensive visit.

Next trip is to the local expert shop I guess.
thanks in hope
Jude

Sponsored Links
Can you take a photo of the terminal block and upload it?
Sometimes there is a link which needs to be installed, it is often supplied with the hob somewhere!

Yes, quite often hobs have 3 'live' terminals plus a neutral and an earth connection. You need to link the 3 terminals together. As your hob is new it will either have the copper links already fitted, or they may be in the pack somewhere. Connect a link between 1+2 and between 2+3. Then connect your live wire to any of the three. You'll be left with a neutral and an earth connection. CHECK the instructions to see that this is the case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back