Ceramic kitchen mixer running HW at much reduced pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps.

I have raced through as many of the similar threads and cant find a solution that works.

Only the kitchen tap has a much reduced flow. All other HW taps running clear and well. Have backfilled - turning hot and cold on together whilst keeping my thumb over the mixer - for 15 secs - immediate effect but dribbles to muddy water in 3 secs and then clear water but v v reduced flow.

New (9 months old) gas boiler and cylinder. Cylinder and boiler at ground level. Tanks (main and header?) in loft. The latter are working - filling and ball valves all OK.

There is a drain valve at the base of the cylinder but I'd like to be clear what else I can do to trace and find the fault and suggestions on how then to immediately cure it.

Good Friday and all. And people visiting. Bit of a mare.

Any help appreciated.

bcm

Sponsored Links
the kitchen tap is dripping continuously and wont turn off - as a result of backflowing the cold via the hot - at a guess......?

Another solution please?

Thanks

bcm

Sounds like you might have some muck of some description in the hot supply to the kitchen, I'd have the tap apart to start with.

Sponsored Links
having turned off the water, undone the tap and let it then run hard - what comes out - but a piece of plastic packaging from the refit done 9 months ago.

Still no idea why it ran sludgy, but all clear and full pressure now.

Wonderful.

Thanks for the help.

bcm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back