ceramic tile removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a motorhome that i am removing the ceramic tile from. it is on waferboard with mortar as the glueing agent. i have chiselled all the tile off and now i have to figure out a way to get the mortar off and get it somewhat level. i will be putting a 1/8" plywood down on top of the waferboard and then laying tarkett fiber floor on that. where the carpet comes off is already a smooth plywood so i won't have to do that part, just where i took off the ceramic tile. any suggestions as to how to take off the mortar from the waferboard?? sure do thank anyone who can help. :confused:

Sponsored Links
in the past i have used one of those long handled wall paper scrapers with renewable blades. you can get a good grip with this tool but dont try and take to much off at once. wear gloves, safety glasses as well :cool:

i'll give that a try. almost ready to lay flooring. getting excited now. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back