Certification of new electric wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building an extension to my house and am doing the electrics myself. At what stage would inspection be done for the electrical certification required for the completion certificate?

Sponsored Links
If your extension is being done with a building warrant, before you start,by an COC, assuming your in Scotland.

I am building an extension to my house and am doing the electrics myself. At what stage would inspection be done for the electrical certification required for the completion certificate?

With regard to inspection to comply with BS7671 at the beginning and untill the end! And then the testing begins.

Sponsored Links
Afaict what inspection and testing your building control office want to do to satisfy themselves that the installation is to the regs is up to them. They will probablly wan't to inspect at least twice, once after the wiring goes in but before it is covered and again after everything is connected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back