CH fitters not gas safe reistered

Hail Legion lord of spell check. ;)

Fek got a mate who cant even spell his own name but just about the best roofer around no one can touch his work.....

Probably why he is on roof, ;) Doesn`t ring a bell in Nostradam does he? Can`t get a bird?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Nostradam? :?: :confused:

That is great coming from a dimwit complaining about spelling.

Sponsored Links
The OP has been very slow to explain more about his situation and particularly why the bank have refused to reimburse the criminal activity on his account.

Tony

Don`t get excited, got Notre Dame mixed with Nostradamus. one of them had a hump. O.K Frikkin` sue me already... It wasn`t the wrong spelling anyways... :p Idiot.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

No sympathy whatsoever! You got hustled and only have yourself to blame!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Take it following is your idea of queen's english and being competent:rolleyes:

Legion wrote:
Hello Peeps, anyone recommend a good but not too expensive gas analyser?
No such thing Legion wrote:
how to use one on an old combi would be handy also.Thanks.
old combi use the burner pressure feature to set the max and min bp Legion wrote:
Does that come with the instructions? .
New ones do.

are you actually this stupid, just 8 years old or is English not your first language?

Don`t get excited, got Notre Dame mixed with Nostradamus.

NOSTRADAM?
You have now shown:
That you can't spell Nostradamus.
That you can't spell Notre Dame.
That you have problems finding the difference between a man and a building.
That you don't have you facts right; neither has/had a hump.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

When you are using google again, try to find out about village idiot or Muppet

And don`t use Cyberclown...That`s me ;) . Looks like a Freudian Slip to me ..from someone used to frequenting " parts" of Amsterdam. That`s where the bump comes in, though somewhat lower than Quasimodo`s

Hello Gentlemen,

Blimey, where do I start. Thanks for the responses, even the less sympathetic ones. Even those that stray into French history, English language, prophecy and prostitution.

I got 4 quotes. The top one was £5800. I went for the cheapest at £3500. They have glowing references on an independent consumers website. I did not check their gas safe number until the problems started. My hands are up, this was stupid and negligent. But I know loads about other stuff.

Would I be reporting this if the work was ok? Clearly not because I would not even be aware of the invalid number.

I am a small, old fella so intimidating these fitters is a non starter. Anyway it is still not beyond the realms of possibilites they are not all bad. They could be on holiday this week. I certainly cannot claim they were involved with my card fraud. They might even have an explanation for the invalid gas safe number.

Is there any such explanation? Is there a good reason for a perfectly good fitter (with corgi reg) to not have yet got a gas safe number?

Or it could be a misprint of course. I know, unlikely, but I try to not jump the gun.

So I am going to call them again today. If I do not get a response by Monday I will ring gas safe. If they cannot provide a valid gas safe number I will ring gas safe.

Either way I will let you know what happens.

The bank are saying I will have to pay for any unrecovered fraudulent transactions because it was a debit card. I am currently disputing this and trying to get more info. I am in no way responsible through negligence or any other way for the fraud. And the bank accepts this. It has been suggested that I should go to the police and I will. I had assumed that the bank fraud squad would do this.

Thanks

Phil

Phil, do come back and post the outcome. I am sure RGIs on this forum will do their utmost to assist.

It might be an idea to call Gas Safe sooner rather than later and talk to someone there. May also be benefitial to talk to trading standards.

Sorry to hear your of you debit card transaction

You can search for registered engineers by postcode and that should identify if they are indeed registered.

Those trusted tradesmen web sites can have all sorts of ficticious references. All it needs is a name and postcode and telephone number to give a glowing report. Clearly their work is not good in your case.

If the bank are not going to refund the transaction then they should trace the account to which the money was paid AND give you the details. My experience of banks is that they do NOT want to bother to do that or to give you any information either. What magnitude was taken?

Tony

Legion, you asked about ringing a bell in Nostradam. Would that be the other name for Notre Dame? As already said: pot. kettle. black.

The bank are saying I will have to pay for any unrecovered fraudulent transactions because it was a debit card. I am currently disputing this and trying to get more info. I am in no way responsible through negligence or any other way for the fraud. And the bank accepts this. It has been suggested that I should go to the police and I will. I had assumed that the bank fraud squad would do this.

Phil.

I am with Lloyds. Last year I tried to buy a computer game in a High Street shop using my debt card. The first swipe did not work so the employee did it again - card apparently refused despite a healthy balance. Checked with bank and my card and balance was valid. I then went on holiday. A week later the bank phoned me and told me a total of nearly £13,000 had been spent using my card. Bank blocks card, I report it to Police and the money was immediately refunded by the bank.

The reason in simple terms; For non presence of the card holder during a transaction the retail outlet should satisfy themselves that it is the card holder using the card usually by the security code and if it is a new customer with the address of the card holder. The bank underwrites these simple rules on your behalf. Therefore the bank must refund your money.

The only time they refuse this is if they have grounds that the card holder took no precautions against their card being used or was involved in the fraud. It matters not a jot whether it is a credit or debit card. Keep pressing them.

Hello Gentlemen

You're going to love me after this post.

I decided to ring gas safe yesterday and guess what. The fitters are genuinely gas safe registered. I had previously been putting their number into the gas safe website "Check an engineer number" and it returned invalid number. But apparently their number is a company number. Ooops. In my defence it is not clear on the website that there are two types of numbers. But obviously it is my mistake and I apologise.

So now I am left with CH system that has been fitted by qualified engineers but still needs fixing. I will wait to see if they come out next week.

Thanks for your responses about the CH and bank.

Phil

The OP could report it to the Police but they will not touch this with a barge pole. It is possible, even likely, that they have committed a criminal deception but this will be very difficult to prove without a full confession from the "Gas Fitter". Where there is an alternative governing body with powers to investigate - Gas Safe?/ Trading Standards? the Old Bill will always leave it to them.

As far as the fraudulent use of his debit card is concerned the Police will accept a report but are unlikely to investigate. The bank however have to re-imburse unlawful withdrawals from the OP's account as long as the OP has taken reasonable steps to maintain the security of his card.

Strange when an EX plod had a similar problem this happens.

I am with Lloyds. Last year I tried to buy a computer game in a High Street shop using my debt card. The first swipe did not work so the employee did it again - card apparently refused despite a healthy balance. Checked with bank and my card and balance was valid. I then went on holiday. A week later the bank phoned me and told me a total of nearly £13,000 had been spent using my card. Bank blocks card, I report it to Police and the money was immediately refunded by the bank.

If fitter is not registered with Gas Safe, but is working for an employer who is registered, fitter cannot do any gas work out of hours. That means homers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back