Gas installer not gas safe

LABC notification means fek all in principle.

Tell that to my brother who's £1.2 million pound house purchase might be falling through at the last minute because the vendors can't produce any documents for the work that's been done on the house.

Not good to hear Dano but as I said, that little bit of paper dosent mean its been done as it should have been

Sponsored Links
ST: That implies that responsibility of installer ceases upon a visit by another RGI, which is clearly not true. Likewise, we can only be held responsible for installers faults if we fail to spot something that we should reasonably have observed and acted upon.

Also, GS do NOT make any rules. They (monitor and) supervise us in our work, (and offer assistance in interpretation of the rules:sneaky:)

BTW: Have you registered yet?

I have sacked the company who were originally fitting the boiler. I have since employed a Gas Safe registered engineer to reinstall. Sadly, I had already paid the original company some money which they are refusing to pay back. The company is also accusing me of terminating the contract unfairly and are threatening legal action unless I pay the final balance. The company stands by their claim they were entitled to employ a non GS plumber for the installation with the intention of signing off the works by a GS expert.

Phone gassafe and explain it to them, they will tell you the legalities.

Sponsored Links
This is where it gets complicated, Gas Safe won't be any help to you with regards to sorting out demands for payment, and I'm assuming said company are still otherwise engaged by you in building related works?

I've removed the original company from all works. What can GS do to a company which is caught breaching their regulations? Are those regulations covered under statutory law?

They can prosecute, via the HSE, if evidence is available.

I think you are in the wrong forum for questions of that nature.

After being reported to Gas Safe, the company refused to disclose to GS the identity of the person who began the installation. GS then referred the matter to HSE. HSE said they would take action if the company were caught again breaching the law but for now have issued them a warning under HSE rules.

A minor slap on the wrist then...it's no wonder people are prepared to work unregistered, there's no deterrent!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back