CH Goes Over Pressure and DHW Cuts Out

I've disconnected the phe and tried blasting water through it with a hose. There was a fair amount of black flakes that came out so I refitted it and now there boiler doesn't ignite. I can lift the little metal switch on what I think is the diverter and it'll fire up but the pin doesn't raise by itself. I've disconnected it again and tried to get more out but there wasn't any significant amount more so I've been to the shop to pick up some descaling, sludge removing stuff. The phe is now sitting in a box with the top pipe full of the liquid. I'll leave it for a couple of hours, rinse thoroughly and refit.

EDIT: Fernox F3 Cleaner

Sponsored Links
I've disconnected the phe and tried blasting water through it with a hose. There was a fair amount of black flakes that came out so I refitted it and now there boiler doesn't ignite. I can lift the little metal switch on what I think is the diverter and it'll fire up but the pin doesn't raise by itself. I've disconnected it again and tried to get more out but there wasn't any significant amount more so I've been to the shop to pick up some descaling, sludge removing stuff. The phe is now sitting in a box with the top pipe full of the liquid. I'll leave it for a couple of hours, rinse thoroughly and refit.
so who's boiler is it yours or a job of yours ?

try some brick acid instead as more effective

so who's boiler is it yours or a job of yours ?

try some brick acid instead as more effective

No, it's just mine. If this fails then I'll try some brick acid, thanks. Does the phe need water in when I refit? Do you know why the boiler won't fire since I refitted it? Or is something like bit enough water in it and pressure related?

Sponsored Links
try the plate but i got suspicion it might be something else thats all .

Cleaning the plate with that Ferox didn't seem to do much. Some more flakes came out but the flame comes on for neither the hot water or the heating. What's your suspicion?

It still sounds like there's water in the plate which won't come out as it gurgles for a few seconds when you tip it from side to side.

This morning the other half cleaned the cobwebs out and now everything is working well, the boiler fires up fine!

I bought some formic acid, called Kilrock, which I'll try on the plate at the weekend. Worked a treat on the kettle just now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back