CH wall thermostat swap - wiring question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to replace an old Dryton wall thermostat with a new 7 day programmable version and need to check the wiring with you guys.

The current thermostat is a Dryton RTS1: Standard Model, it has neutral, live and call for heat on pin 3. The boiler has a separate 24 programmable clock but this is left on the always-on position so the thermostat is the only mechanism for turning the boiler on/off. The boiler is a Volkera Linea Plus AG Combi.

I want to replace the current thermostat with a Dryton Digistat +3RF 7 day programmable room thermostat, the instruction guide for that has 2 wiring options. , see pic. There is an installation note

“Note: If the Digistat +2RF or +3RF is used without a separate
programmer, or the programmer is set constantly on it would be
acceptable to link ‘L’ to ‘1’ provided the output voltage required
is 230V ac.”

So, I’m reading this to mean I can wire in the new thermostat as follows:

Old Neutral - > New Neutral
Old Live -> New 1
Old 3 call for heat -> New 3 call for heat

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.
e

Sponsored Links
You are linking L -1 are you?

This SCR unit is presumably not going where the stat is at the moment?

>You are linking L -1 are you?

That the question yes, I think the install doc is saying thats ok but wanted to check with the pro's

>This SCR unit is presumably not going where the stat is at the moment?

It is yes, I dont see a need to move it, its out of the way as is and the control pannel is wireless so can be positioned where needed.

Sponsored Links
no.

Question was is it ok to link L to 1 - while i apprechiate the feedback no-one has given my an answer as such. I interperate Securespark's feedback as a question to confirm what i want to do, not a yes/no it is ok to do that which is what i'm asking.

Apprechaite any furgther comments, thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back