Chalet en suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi... I'm in the planning stage of building an en suite onto a wooden chalet in the garden. I want to put a bath in there, and intend to use an LPG water heater because of electrical load problems with an immersion heater. Also there's no room for water storage.
My question is, how well would the system work with regard to water supply? If I run blue MDPE from the house, will I get enough volume of water through the taps?
Any advice appreciated... GW

Sponsored Links
Depends in your water pressure and the size of the supply from the street.

What water heater are you planning on using?

Where are you putting it in the chalet?

Thanks... regarding pressure and supply size, I don't know. Would I get this from the water board?
Heaters I've looked at are Rinnai REU58 and Morco D61E, but I fear they may not be suitable to supply a bath. I'm in the very early stages, so haven't really thought too deeply about it all, just had the initial worry about volume (or pressure?) of the water.
...And the heater would be on the wall about 2m from the bath, in the next room.

I hope its a small bath and you'll have patient guests.

Flueless water heaters can only run for 5 minutes. I would look for something a little more - generous. 24kW at least. Room sealed, balanced or fan flued.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dan, I'll look at bigger heaters (any pointers?). Also I'll find out about pressure & supply size, and post again if I get stuck.
GW

Well, Rinnai are a good boiler - based on my of experience with them in their homeland.

Get one of the externally mounted models.

24kW = 9 litres per min
28kW = 11 litres per min

and so on.

Worcester do them, as do Vokera. We have installed both with no subsequent problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back