Water supply to outbuilding?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to connect a water supply to an existing outbuilding at the end of the garden. The distance is approx 50m. I was planning to tee off of the incoming main supply to the house. Using the blue 22mm dia pipe - buried in trench etc etc.

I want to use the building as summer house/chalet for visiting friends or relatives etc. I therefore intend to install sink/shower/toilet etc.

The questions I am unsure about are:

o will 22mm dia supply be enough for good pressure in the chalet? ( the length of the run might affect it?)

o do I need to consider installing a header/storage tank in the chalet? or can I rely on mains in pressure? ( I am going to put in electric water heaters for sink/shower)

o how far can a 1.25inch waste run be safely used - one of the issues I have is where I want the sink versus the waste out.. the run would need to be approx 25feet? Alternative is to use a pumped ( saniflow type) waste solution I guess?

Any pointers gratefully received

Sponsored Links
You will have to check your flow rate and pressure to the main house first to see if the chalet can feed from it too.

The maximum lenght of 40mm waste pipe run is 3m from memory.

50m run will need a 25mm mdpe supply.

You may end up as you say installing a header tank and either gravity flow or pump it to your shower etc.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back