Champion petrol mower, cuts off after 10 miunts from start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my Champion primer 50 petrol mower start ok from clod then cuts off 10 or 15 minutes after use. I believe it cuts off when as soon as the engine gets hot. I have replaced the spark plug, engine oil, air filter, and cleaned the carburetor with high compressed air. I also put fresh petrol mixed with redux.

any ides why it cuts off please

Sponsored Links
yes I do to start with, but I put half way the speed scale soon after it fires up

Sponsored Links
Usually spark plug failure, but if you are running the machine flat out and then it fails, go for the fuel supply from the petrol tank.
John :)

When it cuts out, is the spark plug is neither wet or sooty, it is very hot
checked the air vent on the fuel tank and it is clear
I left the mower all day to call down and just start it now (evening), it stared straightway and I shut it off after few second, tries to start it again, it would not start despite the fact that the engine is called not hot. I am very puzzled.

Even though the machine is slightly warm, give it a whiff of choke and one pull on the starter. My guess is that it will fire up.

carburettor.jpg

You've definitely tried a brand new plug? I'd like to see a replacement igniter tried but they are generally very reliable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back