Champion petrol mower, cuts off after 10 miunts from start

I even tried it with the old plug after I cleaned it and is does the same, starts once and does not start after that.
the do not think coil overheating. because I start it today from cold for very sort time (few seconds) then stopped but will not start again. Hence, the coil cannot be overheated in few second.

Sponsored Links
Try disconnecting the wire from the cut out switch, just to rule it out.
When the machine does start, can you keep it running or does it fail on its own?
John :)

once it start, it can keep going for 10 to 15 minutes. however, it will not start again after that for at least 10 hours whether it runs for few seconds or 15 minutes.
just tries disc disconnecting the wire from the cut out switch, it did not start and it felt harder to pull the cord.

If the motor is harder to spin, maybe the flywheel brake is still on? The engine won't start if it is.....the handlebar lever disconnects the brake and cut out at the same time.

Sponsored Links
the motor is hard to spin only when I disconnect the handlebar lever which I believe is the cut out switch.

how to disconnect the wire from the cut out switch at the engine end?

all I can see is the coil and there is wire connected to the spark plug.

Usually there's a small switch below a plastic cover with a one wire connection....look for a mechanism that operates when you pull the handlebar lever.

John, many thanks for your help. the culpable was the switch. I dismantle it today and understood hoe it works. Apparently the cable connected to the handlebar is slack and does not pull the flywheel brake out enough to disengage the switch and therefore the switch kept grounding the coil current and prevent if from reaching the spark plug. when I disconnect the switch the machine start from first pull every time. once again many thanks WP_20180806_19_11_29_Pro.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back