Change an Economy 7 socket to a plug socket and add radial circuits

An RCBO in this DB will take up almost all the height available which makes them less easy to fit.

Replace the lot with 1 new consumer unit?!

Sponsored Links
An RCBO in this DB will take up almost all the height available which makes them less easy to fit.

Replace the lot with 1 new consumer unit?!

Perhaps you should check out the RCBO before you comment ?

DS

Oops, I was thinking of the single module versions as I saw one of these boards stuffed with three of them the other day!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply's guys. Will go with a RCBO and since the tails come from the cellar, it will hopefully be a simple case of replacing the obsolete tails with the new wiring without any drilling needed.

For the RCBO, will it be ok to fit and wire a singular module RCBO if I'm also going to add a 6a mcb and is the procedure that you connect it as normal on the main unit and on the economy 7 unit side, replace the wiring of the tail to the switch.

I assumed it was going to be something like this?
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crabtree-St...30mA-Trip-BS-EN-61009-61-C13230-/331756475355

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I thought you said that you didn't want to do anything which was notifiable?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back