Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Attachments

• fuse.jpg
    fuse.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 128
Sponsored Links
The circuit breaker from tool station is for a completely different type of fuse box to yours and is completely unsuitable.

You need to search for Wylex NSB 32A

Wylex is the manufacturer. NSB is the range. 32A is the rating.

Sponsored Links
Apparently it fails the EICR , shower was 9.5 kw my wire not big enougth need to downgrage to 7.5kw - 8.5kw and lower the fuse to 32 amp

It is likely any new shower will stipulate RCD protection, so changing the shower will likely not help, it will still fail the EICR. By changing the shower and MCB your changing the design, plus work in a bathroom, so new installation certificate, maybe minor works, but since design is altered I would say installation certificate and also either a completion certificate or a compliance certificate, which in real terms means too expensive to DIY you need a scheme member to do the work, who will likely want to change the consumer unit as well.

Apparently it fails the EICR , shower was 9.5 kw my wire not big enougth need to downgrage to 7.5kw - 8.5kw and lower the fuse to 32 amp
It is not a fuse. A fuse is a bit of wire that melts on overload. It is a circuit breaker.

Last edited:
Someone has been searching for the word 'fuse' to get his 2 seconds of 'fame'.

Someone has been searching for the word 'fuse' to get his 2 seconds of 'fame'.
surely only a totally wittless person would do something stupid pathetic like that.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back