Change class of use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I just had 2 quick questions if anyone can help.

First off I want to know how much you can extend a property without need for planning permissions, I know for houses it's 3 meters or so, but does same apply for a shop ? Background info - the place am looking to get is a hairdressers and i want to extend it from the front. The second questions is, I know hairdressers are classed as A1 use, and I want to change to a possible takeaway concept food that does deliveries aswell. As it was already a retail shop, would I require planning permission for this aswell ? Any help would be great - thank you :)

Sponsored Links
1. how much can you extend a non-residential property without the need for planning permissions

Too broad

2. Would I require Planning Permission to change from A1 use to A5.

In general, yes, but there are some exceptions which may or may not apply in this instance (though I suspect they won’t in this instance).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back