Change junction boxes for "maintainence free"?

Funnily enough, my day job involves battling people desperately trying to roll out the latest version of some sort of software because "it solves all the problems of what we're currently using". I've been though many iterations of this. It hasn't yet.

Sponsored Links
Funnily enough, my day job involves battling people desperately trying to roll out the latest version of some sort of software because "it solves all the problems of what we're currently using". I've been though many iterations of this. It hasn't yet.
Quite so!

It reminds me of the days, which many of those here will not have experienced, before word processors. If one was writing a report, paper, manual, thesis, book or whatever, it would be typed (from scribbles or dictation) by a typist. One would then go through it all, marking all the typos and other required corrections, and if the changes were more than minimal, a 'complete re-type' was then required. The re-typed document would then eventually appear, with all the previous typos corrected, but a whole new set of typos introduced ... clearly an 'infinite loop'. One simply had to 'give up' at some point, and accept the current version, errors and all!

Few 'improvements' to anything fail to introduce new problems to be addressed in the future :) When 'the problem' of the status quo is as small as is probably the case with traditional JBs, one can't help but wonder what is the probability of the 'solution' introducing more problems than it solves!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back