Change Nozzle on Riello 483t50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can someone please advise if it is a relatively easy job to change the nozzle on a Riello 483t50 oil burner? or should it be left to a professional?
Our Boiler seems to need it done every 8 months or so and was wondering if its something that we could do ourselves? Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can do this for yourself if you feel competent enough, but I can't really say why the nozzle needs replacing so frequently....
Pull the burner clear of the boiler (one nut, usually)
Remove the blast tube (2 screws) to reveal the nozzle and electrodes. Mark the blast tube first so it goes back exactly the same way.
Ideally the electrode block has to be slackened (1 screw) and pulled forward of the nozzle, but you may be able to unscrew the nozzle without this.
However, if you do shift the electrodes, they should be positioned 2.5mm in front of the nozzle face, and the gap between the electrodes should be 4mm. These settings are very important, as is fitting the same type and spec nozzle as original.
John :)

I disagree entirely with you on this Burnerman, no way should a novice attempt to change a nozzle on a burner.

Its electrically dangerous,what if forgets to switch the boiler off, what if the frost stat calls?.

What if if if.

Hi can someone please advise if it is a relatively easy job to change the nozzle on a Riello 483t50 oil burner? or should it be left to a professional?
Our Boiler seems to need it done every 8 months or so and was wondering if its something that we could do ourselves? Thanks

Something else wrong if this is the case.

Sponsored Links
I disagree entirely with you on this Burnerman, no way should a novice attempt to change a nozzle on a burner.

Its electrically dangerous,what if forgets to switch the boiler off, what if the frost stat calls?.

What if if if.

Ok fella I entirely take this on board....I was merely telling the guy the sequence of events really, and assuming that the burner was withdrawn from the boiler then it would have been electrically and fuel disconnected.
I suppose people should apply common sense before they do anything - if there is such a thing as common sense!

Thanks bannerman. Yes know how to isolate the power. The previous owners had quite a lot of toys and bits and bobs in the tank so thought maybe there was some dirt in it. Had the tank replaced a couple of months ago so hopefully it will be ok after this. To isolate the fuel do you turn it off at the tank tap or closer to the boiler itself? Usually pretty competent at diy but always good to get some advice before hand. A friend has the exact same boiler/burner and not had to do anything for 5 years ( they have not even had it serviced!) only difference is ours is outside does this make any difference?

It makes no difference if the boiler is outside or inside, and if you isolate the oil at the tank valve this will stop the flow completely.

Thanks bannerman. Yes know how to isolate the power. The previous owners had quite a lot of toys and bits and bobs in the tank so thought maybe there was some dirt in it. Had the tank replaced a couple of months ago so hopefully it will be ok after this. To isolate the fuel do you turn it off at the tank tap or closer to the boiler itself? Usually pretty competent at diy but always good to get some advice before hand. A friend has the exact same boiler/burner and not had to do anything for 5 years ( they have not even had it serviced!) only difference is ours is outside does this make any difference?

That says it all!!! His mate hasnt had his boiler serviced for 5 years,wonder if the baffles are glued together. Now he wants to turn the oil off to change the nozzle. My advice would be to get an Engineer in to do it,nuff said

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back