Change of heat sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just moved house, I want to change which radiator acts as the heat sink. All rads are fitted with TRV's except the sink. Can I remove TRV from one rad and move to another without draining down the system? Are there any rules on which radiators can be used as the sink (ie. assume it has to be a ground floor one)? :confused:

I'm new to plumbing so an idiot's guide would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
loulou said:
Having just moved house, I want to change which radiator acts as the heat sink.
All rads are fitted with TRV's except the sink.
Should that read bathroom?
loulou said:
Can I remove TRV from one rad and move to another without draining down the system?
No
loulou said:
Are there any rules on which radiators can be used as the sink
No
loulou said:
(ie. assume it has to be a ground floor one)? :confused:
No
loulou said:
I'm new to plumbing
:eek: :eek: NO!!? :eek: :eek:

loulou said:
so an idiot's guide would be appreciated.

libraries can be handy....

Sponsored Links
Hey I'm no expert, but I thought all radiators were supposed to lose heat
i.e. like a heat sink does. Try explaining what you mean if you think we're all mis-understanding.

you cant change the valves without draining the system
you can use any rad as the bypass but hall and bathroom are the preffered options

:D

kevplumb said:
what type of system ??? :rolleyes:

Pump fed through Stanley oil range (also does HW and cooking). Header tank in loft providing feed to heating system. Does this help?!

Currently the heat sink radiator is in the study, but it gets too warm in there, so I want to swap the TRV from the downstairs bathroom radiator to the study radiator.

kevplumb said:
you cant change the valves without draining the system
you can use any rad as the bypass but hall and bathroom are the preffered options

:D

Thanks for advice - I think I'd better get a plumber in! L

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back