Change of Use application

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are proceeding with a purchase of a Victorian 4 bed detached property. However, the ground floor of the property has been a vet's surgery for many years and the upper floors remained as residential.

Our mortgage company have told us they will not advance the funds unless the house is fully converted back to residential use and a change of use application is required from D1 use to residential.

Apart from the fact the seller's solicitor has asked us to make the application for change of use (rather than them) - does an application need to be made to change it back to what it was in the first place - a residential home? My solicitor has suggested that to save costs we could put in the planning application ourselves for change of use but having looked at the local website for the Council I am struggling to find the application form I need - can anybody advise if this application is likely to be refused and whether it may need to go to the usual Committee Council meetings for approval?

Sponsored Links
You do need to apply for the change of use for this purpose

It is unlikely to be refused, and will only go to committee if there are complaints about the application

You would use the standard planning application form (called the 1APP form), and you may find it easier to apply online via the planning portal - but check what additional information is required apart from the application form

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back