Changed Cable - Light Stopped Working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

In my flat I have 3 pendant lights hanging above the stairs. I swapped the bulbs to some vintage Edison style bulbs as they look better but I was never happy with the modern white cable, bulb holder and ceiling rose.

I recently bought a metal ceiling rose, antique fabric cable and bulb holders and set about switching one of them. Everything seem to go OK but when I turned the power back on, the light doesn't work. The others work OK on that circuit.

I then swapped the new cable and bulb holder for the old one again to see if it was the new cable/bulb but now that didn't work either.

I have a multimeter and wondered if there is a way I can safely follow the power to find where and why it isn't working? Not sure what to do now but the Mrs aint happy so any help would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Any chance of a photo of the inside of the new rose, showing the connections?

Kind Regards, John

Possibly you have disturbed one of the wires which emerge from the ceiling, either at the light that doesn't work, or one of the others you have worked on.

By disturb, I mean move a bad connection - a loose connection or a broken wire, for example.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back