Changed from Randall 102 to a Drayton 722

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First ever post so be kind, as the title says, Randall 102 wired

1dhw, 2htg, 3com, 4earth, 5N,6L, this is looped at 3-6

Drayton lp722

My understanding is that

N is N, L is L, 1- com, 2 is blank, 3 dhw, 4 htg, I've tried looping and not looping the loop between L and 1, I have heating and hot water, just not hot water only, I did put this on an old thread but got told to start a fresh post, thanks for looking taking the time to read it and any answers/ help anyone provides thanks

Sponsored Links
The Randall 102 terminals are as below....

Capture.JPG

and the Drayton....

lp722-jpg.131405

So the wires simply move from the Randall to terminals at the Drayton that have exactly the same function

Randall (1) DHW = Drayton (3) HW on

Randall (2) HTG = Drayton (4) CH on

Randall 5 (N) = Drayton (N)

Randal 6 (L) = Drayton (L)

No "loops" required anywhere at the Drayton. As you can see from the Drayton diagram the COM connections are made internally for you already and not brought out to an external terminal like the Randall.

Thank you for a speedy response very much appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:
The wires simply move from the Randall to terminals at the Drayton that have exactly the same function. So if there are two wires now in Randall N5 then both wires will go to N at the Drayton. If there are two wires in E4 both go to the Drayton Earth connection on the backplate.

You don't mention a wire in Randall DHW (1)? This is the terminal responsible for controlling the Hot Water, so should be present.

You don't say what sort of heating system this is controlling ie fully pumped (S-Plan or Y-Plan) or a system with just pumped central heating and gravity circulation of hot water. If it's the latter, the Drayon will need to be set to gravity operation. In this mode of operation, the hot water is automatically selected 'on' whenever the central heating is 'on'. This is because of plumbing restrictions in this type of system that require the hot water to be 'on' in order for the central heating to work.

Sponsored Links
Forgive me for not supplying those details, like everyone else I think people are mind readers, my apologies, cracked it, followed the 2 wires back and they crossed over half way up the wall, the heating was trying to control the water and vice versa, thank you for looking and replying, again very much appreciated

Yeah I was getting a little confused with the attached instructions, cos the 102 was a com, I assumed after reading this diagram that term 1 was a com, cheers for the reply

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210108-185816_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210108-185816_OneDrive.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 504
That diagram you have just posted is not for a Drayton 722. You said you had a Drayton 722 which is a dual channel programmer with heating and hot water control. The diagram you posed is a single channel programmer for only heating control. They are completely different beasts with different connections.

Drayton 722 dual channel programmer (Heating and Hot Water control)
lp722-jpg.131405

Single channel (Heating only control)
Screenshot_20210108-185816_OneDrive.jpg

Hi thanks for your response, this is the bigger photo from my screenshot, must of been where I was getting the mistakes from
Screenshot_20210108-193741_OneDrive.jpg

That is a standard document that covers every model of the LP programmer that Drayton manufacture. As you said that you have an LP722 which is a dual channel programmer, that should be the section you are looking at.....

Capture.JPG

unless of course if you have different model......

Yeah it's the 722 I have, all sorted now, thanks for your replies and feedback etc, very much appreciated

Having just read this post / thread it's saved me an awful lot of headache.
I'm in the process of replacing our Danfoss 102 with the Drayton LP722 , i did have a idea where the connections would go on the Drayton unit , but to be honest i was a bit out.
Many thanks to the original poster & the people who answered his question perfectly.
Went it arrives i can now fit it with 100% confidence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back