Changed gas valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Changed gas valve, new thermocouple too. Boiler lights up for 3 mins then shuts off. No pilot light either. Help

Sponsored Links
changed gas valve, no good. pilot not working, linked out thermocouple. now dead as 4ked about with stuff I had no idea about. would ask for help but am dead

boiler over heating
blocked heat exchanger
bad circulation pump or blockage in system

certainly could be overheating. it could also very easily be the asd working correctly which is the reason behind my previous post.

Sponsored Links
Could be spillage stat interuping the thermocouple shutting off gas and saving Ur life!!! :rolleyes:

I think that Trisha does some kind of confrontational TV show like Gerry Springer!

But I dont know why she has changed gas parts when she is not qualified!

changed gas valve, no good. pilot not working, linked out thermocouple. now dead as 4ked about with stuff I had no idea about. would ask for help but am dead

Actually a qualified v.nice gas fitter did the job. Been back 4 x and can't find the problem.
No better for all the new bits fitted and the hefty bill - that's why I tried this site. Hoping to get some useful help - not cryptic comments.
Thanks anyway.
I'll just have a bonfire in the garden instead.

Actually a qualified v.nice gas fitter did the job. Been back 4 x and can't find the problem.
No better for all the new bits fitted and the hefty bill - that's why I tried this site. Hoping to get some useful help - not cryptic comments.
Thanks anyway.

Get yourself an RGI who knows what they are doing would be my advice.

No better for all the new bits fitted and the hefty bill - that's why I tried this site.

Ignoring how nice he may be ( and women have an odd idea of which men are nice* ) how can he be so qualified and yet change parts which dont cure the fault and still charge you for them?

I dont think anyone should pay for a part which is not needed to repair the boiler.

* I have noticed that almost any woman will go out with me if I take them to somewhere expensive and pay for them. But few want to go for just a walk in the woods!

Tony

Those old room sealed boilers have a round flue exhaust duct that has a tendency to rot away leaving a hole where products of combustion can re-circulate causing pilot outage.
It is vital that that section is inspected.I bet your man did not go that far.
Very old and if flue is rotted its more than likely a new boiler.

* I have noticed that almost any woman will go out with me if I take them to somewhere expensive and pay for them. But few want to go for just a walk in the woods!

Tony now you can call yourself RGI registered women charmer engineer

No better for all the new bits fitted and the hefty bill - that's why I tried this site.

Ignoring how nice he may be ( and women have an odd idea of which men are nice* ) how can he be so qualified and yet change parts which dont cure the fault and still charge you for them?

I dont think anyone should pay for a part which is not needed to repair the boiler.

Tony
For a spot of dogging I bet eh Tony?

Thanks anyway.

Yea, I should put the "guy" on the guy on the fire who's playing with your "boiler"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back