Changed To Low Pressure Mixer, But Hot Flow Still Poor- SOS!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Everything about the layout and desgn of my hot water system makes getting decent hot flow/pressure to the kitchen mixer difficult.

It's a bungalow with a minimum pitch roof, so raising cold tank or putting cylinder in roof is a non-starter.

I bought an expensive Franke mixer to replace the other to gain some more flow. The new tap has the lowest flow pressure requirement of any kitchen mixer on the market. The flexi connector is also big bore.

The only thing left to try, is changing the isolation valve to full bore. Do standard iso. valves restrict flow? Is this likely to work?

Sponsored Links
The kitchen cold will / should be off the mains so your only option is to reduce the flow with an iso valve. Not really a good idea to have a kitchen mixer if you have a cylinder fed hot supply. :(

Thanks for your reply Bahco.

Yes, its a shame I wasn't warned when the kitchen was fitted. My (expensive) sink has only one hole, so it looks like I'm stuck with mixers.

Unless there's another option?

Your mains cold will be overpowering the hot so you can try turning down the cold a bit via an iso valve as suggested.

Worth a try and it should help a little. :D

Sponsored Links
Everything about the layout and desgn of my hot water system makes getting decent hot flow/pressure to the kitchen mixer difficult.

It's a bungalow with a minimum pitch roof, so raising cold tank or putting cylinder in roof is a non-starter.

I bought an expensive Franke mixer to replace the other to gain some more flow. The new tap has the lowest flow pressure requirement of any kitchen mixer on the market. The flexi connector is also big bore.

The only thing left to try, is changing the isolation valve to full bore. Do standard iso. valves restrict flow? Is this likely to work?

Are your taps 1/4 turn or twist type?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back