Changing a 16th edition CU

Who will do the testing and certification ?

I ask because I find it odd that a bloke with 6 x houses to do, came here to DIYnot for some information. If you are a qualified newbie, then well done for getting 6 x houses, as an early into your career job.

If you can't work out the answers to re-designing 6 sites with update from 16th to 17th then it does sort of raise doubts on your skill set.

Without doubt going RCBO's is the quickest fix, not the most economical in terms of material cost- but it is the best solution.

If RCBO's were £10 each we'd all fit straight boards with no rcd's anywhere :D

Sponsored Links
Who will do the testing and certification ?

I ask because I find it odd that a bloke with 6 x houses to do, came here to DIYnot for some information. If you are a qualified newbie, then well done for getting 6 x houses, as an early into your career job.

If you can't work out the answers to re-designing 6 sites with update from 16th to 17th then it does sort of raise doubts on your skill set.

Without doubt going RCBO's is the quickest fix, not the most economical in terms of material cost- but it is the best solution.

If RCBO's were £10 each we'd all fit straight boards with no rcd's anywhere :D

I understand what your saying but as i said in a previous post i was planning on going with the rcbo's anyway, which as you've said is the best solution. The only reason i came onto a diy site is because the electrical forum's i go on take a while to answer and i was just after other peoples opinion, like the poster who said that because it was started under 16th edition regs it could be signed off under that.

Sponsored Links
You can work, and certify an installation, to any version of the Wiring Regulations, as there's no compulsion to comply with them in the first place.

The question is, after all this time, should you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back