changing a kitchen mixer tap body ( ceramic disc type)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi & help
to cut a long story short, our kitchen mixer tap is broken, one tap bit has only 2 prong thingys on it ( the bit you turn to get the water on) & now the whole thing leaks continually & we get water hammer noise regularly.
Is it an easy job to change the thing?? can i just change the tap body & things that turn it on, bit on top and attatch it to whats below ( pipes etc). my husb is a plumber and i have been waiting months for him to do it ( with no imminent signs he will get around to it)i ts driving me mad and just want to know if i could do it myself without any major traumas/disasters etc. i am not in any way shape or form a diy expert my most advanced diy skill to date was 'plumbing' out old & in our new washing machine by unscrewing the pipes - managed that with no floods, can i do the tap or will it all end in tears and major strop from husb when he finds my efforts to do this???
thanks

Sponsored Links
HI

turn water off to both taps.remove top caps (screws ? )
undo the nut holding the disc/cartridge .apply a bit of of grease on the threads (on the new cartridge).fit it to the tap.do not overtighten.refit taps.turn water on slowly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back