kitchen mixer taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to change my tap and the copper pipes are welded. I have turned water off at the mains (hot and cold) and run taps (upstairs and down) to empty pipes. The hot water still seems to be running slightly in the kitchen (the taps upstairs have run dry). I don't understand why this is happening.
Also, would it just be easier to cut pipes as mentioned in other peoples queries, and use a flexie hose or are these just for ordinary taps and not mixers?
I have tried to heat the pipes to disconect them but it doesn't seem to be happening.
Could i use push on thingies to connect new taps after cutting old ones off?

Sponsored Links
Yes you can use flexis.
Cut the pipe, put an isolating valve and then put your flexi onto this.
Make sure you cut off enough pipe to allow for the IV and your hose and ensure you get the correcy flexi for your taps. It will be a screwfit or compression, so take your taps with you to the plumbers merchants :D

Thanks bahco, I'm going shopping then. (and it won't be clothes i'm buying!!) :p

Nice to see a woman having a go ;) Post us back when the kitchen is flooded :LOL: ..........only joking :p

Sponsored Links
Hello again, just say thanks for the advice, the flexi hose did the job although because of the positioning of the pipes I had to wait for my husband to come home before begining. All the elbows were out of reach and I didn't want to pull out the sink before discussing it with The Man! :idea: Didn't want a domestic now did I?? :evil:
As the hot water was still leaking even with mains turned off we decided to cut off pipes at an easier point and we fitted new valves to hot and cold so if there's a next time it will be easier!! Good job hubby was there cause I couldn't have done all the spanner work on my own!! (Just not strong enough you see) :eek:
Anyway, job now done and I don't have to do the washing up in the bath anymore. Yehay!!! Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back