Changing a plate heat exchanger

Sponsored Links
record it on tape and post it on youtube :p

check the worcester manual, if i remember correctly it gives you a step by step on how to do it. have a water bag ready for when it comes off.
make sure R&F pipes are closed under boiler along with Cold water inlet.
once all that is done. open the lowest hot water tap available then check the manual for dismantling existing hot water heat exchanger.

Sponsored Links
don't close the flow and return isolation valves they leak and its boiler off the wall job if they do (ya dnt need to close um anyway). if ya dnt fancy it id get a pro in, the clip can be a bit awkward, its pretty close to the pcb and the cdi does tend to leak :LOL:

don't close the flow and return isolation valves they leak and its boiler off the wall job if they do (ya dnt need to close um anyway). if ya dnt fancy it id get a pro in, the clip can be a bit awkward, its pretty close to the pcb and the cdi does tend to leak :LOL:
You mean shut off water drain boiler down prior to commencing job?

I would like to reitterate the above about not touching the isolation valves.
Do not touch them, look at them or breath on them. They WILL Leak afterwards. Get spare washers for the plate heat exchanger connections. they will also leak afterwards. Other than thats its a straight forward job!

I once changed the back plate on a worcester 240. Not a nice job I can assure you! I did not, I repeat, did not touch the isolation valves, but hey presto I was back in 2 days changing them :evil: :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back